Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

So I got started on a special project today. It's a surprise for a friend, so I can't disclose details just yet, but check back in about two weeks for the reveal of my hard work :)

Another day has passed, and I'm less angry every hour. I woke up yesterday morning with a heavy feeling in my chest, finding it hard to conjure a smile. But this morning I woke up fine. Not excellent, but fine. It's only been two days, so I imagine it will only take a week or so to forget this mess entirely. I find that in the middle of a storm, it feels like nothing will ever get better, but before your very eyes, everything brightens up and you're amazed that you were ever down in the first place. I'm eagerly awaiting this feeling of finality. It's inching closer.

As for the friend mentioned above, that person is a shining example of true friendship. It's amazing to me to step back and see who is still standing by your side in the midst of problems. Six months ago, you'd have never convinced me that this person would be the friend who pulled me through. It's this reminder to never burn bridges that has kept me from acting on some of my overwhelming desires to expose him for who he his, to feel "vengeful". Thanks to the Lord for putting friends like this in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment