Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'm rising..

After my ranting last night, I have come to a place of peace. It's a matter of rising above the mess, remembering the big picture, and acknowledging that standards are in place for a reason and there's nothing wrong with that. As a single young woman, my standards are something I should uphold with respect and purpose. Now don't get me wrong, I've never compromised in major ways, but I've now seen the repercussions of allowing someone to convince you that your standards aren't important. If I had followed my instinct early, I'd have saved myself a lot of drama.

The list of lessons I learned the hard way through my past relationship keeps growing and growing. And yes, I did have to go through some pretty unfortunate feelings and situations, but God never throws anything our way He knows we can't get through and come out better. It's a really empowering feeling to feel myself beginning to look at the situation from above as God allows me to rise, no longer weighed down by the weight of worldly problems. He brought me into that relationship, used it to work on me, my heart, my attitude, my mind, everything.. And now He's brought me out of it and into much better things, things I couldn't have had or appreciated before.

As I mature and grow in perception of God, it becomes much easier to see His hand clearly in my life. This is such a tremendous blessing for my faith, which wavered often before as I tried futilely to put worldly explanations behind God's work. I was struggling just this morning with the weight of all these problems, but as I type, my chest feels like, my breathing feels pure, my head is clear. This is God's peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment