Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bittersweet goodbye :-/

So tomorrow will be the day to say "goodbye" to my road bike. You will find on my blog that I got it several months ago to pursue cycling and triathlon. I can't exactly explain why that didn't work out, but I got busy and looked up and the next thing I know, triathlon season is coming to a close and I had only ridden my bike twice, neither times in a race. I wasn't comfortable with the speed, clip-in pedals, and newness of riding a road bike and I didn't take the time to get comfortable. And so, I decided to sell it back on eBay. :(

After a week sale, it ended last night at a price that only caused me to lose about $50, which isn't bad for a failed sport pursuit! :) So I'm not feeling to guilty about that impulse buy.. Anyway, my dad and I just finished disassembling the bike and preparing it for packaging, tomorrow I will pick up a box from a bike shop, finish packaging and send it off to Missouri. Hopefully it will bring its new owner much fun, training, racing, and happiness.

The best part (and my main motivation) in selling the bike is that now I have a few hundred dollars to invest in something new maybe? I may just end up saving that money, but I may:

a) buy a nice little mountain bike for Mississippi State
b) buy a kayak of my very own
c) save that money to put towards my dream trip, Christmas in Costa Rica!

There's something I left out in my blogging hiatus, my newfound infatuation with the beautiful land of Costa Rica! I was dying to go to Costa Rica for a Summer senior trip, but that didn't quite work out. Maybe God was pushing it towards my next big break in December? The weather is better then anyway! We'll see :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment